Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Part B

Continuing from the last entry, but not at all related to it...

This next dream took place in my former high school, like some of my dreams do, and took a lot of elements from previous dreams. One thing I really do like is when my dreams, no matter how weird/random they turn out, have continuity with previous dreams based in the same location. Anyway, let's begin.

I don't know if there was any real beginning to this dream. I just remember walking through the halls and things just... happening. I recall loaning a t-shirt (I'm quite fond of geeky/nerdy/humor based t-shirts) to a friend I honestly haven't seen or thought of since middle school. He had seen me wearing it one day and loved it so I said "sure!" and gave it to him. What I didn't expect was that him + this shirt = instant fame. I had worn this shirt many times and no one had noticed. Suddenly he had wore it for a day and BAM everyone is on him about how funny it was, how cool it was. Things that would have greatly annoyed me in high school.

I was in high school. I was very annoyed.

The following day I approached him and asked if I could have the shirt back. He gave me this look of disappointment and walked over to the trash can where he started taking out the shirt... but it was different. There were students signatures all over it. Students had liked the shirt so much they signed their names on it and wrote personal messages to him on it...? Okay then...

I told him he would need to buy me a new one. He got defensive so I explained it was only $15 including shipping, (A wonderful thing since my shirts can be $20... $25 plus shipping.) but then he started saying how I could pay for it since it was so cheap. I said that wouldn't work and I would Facebook him the link to where the online store was. It was then a teacher (from my college) approached me with a kind of... receipt. It was meant to be a school credit type thing for... getting prescriptions... She had maxed it out in hopes I wouldn't diminish the reputation of this one student... I was in the dream and even this confused me. Badly. I tore it up saying that isn't what I wanted and the friend called me back where he reached under his desk and pulled out the real shirt... not a single marking on it. He gave it to me, grumbled since it wasn't his anymore. I felt victorious.

I have no idea what made this t-shirt so special, but wow...

Upon walking away the teacher from earlier was sobbing since I had shown her such little respect. I went into this whole rant about the principle of the thing, how I very much needed medication, how I couldn't be bought off, blah blah blah. This attracted the attention of another student I may or may not have had a crush on in high school and she started following me. There was some remark being yelled at her from some of her friends and she ran off. I don't remember what was said, but it basically was in response with her walking off with someone like me. Shrug.

We wound up in this room with a bunch of black girls (Hey, it's not racist if they're actually black) and listened to their conversation for a bit. Eventually told us to sit on the floor and join them as they prayed for something to happen. I knelt a little and that brought laughter because they had "made the boy pray to their goddess". As I looked around at some of the embarrassed faces of the guys sitting outside I realized they do this to guys as a form of joke... Okay then... I got up and started to leave when the school shook a little. Then it shook some more. Then it somehow became apparent to me the girls were flying the school as if it were a plane. And... this all seemed normal to EVERYONE. The school was rushing through the sky, causing students to go flying into walls and... it was normal. I even knew to run because walking was much more difficult when "they did this to the school."

This led me to... The Savage brothers. For some reason I've had dreams before where Ben and Fred Savage are... in the school. But it's them from the very early 90's where both are still quite young. To make it even weirder, Ben is laying in bed slowly dying of some disease... They pretty much live in this hallway and both sides of it are blocked due to the gifts, personal possessions given to them as they wait for the younger brother to die... Saying this scene is sad would be an understatement. I approached them, waking up Fred, and said my hellos. Ben didn't look well at all.

In some previous dream where they had shown up I had loaned them my Batman: The Animated Series DVD. That was my "one thing" I remember for sure with them... I'd show up with something they liked, let them borrow it, go about my merry way. I had shown up today with a paperback of Batman: The Animate Series. What that means is I had a comic collection drawn by the animators, written by the story... writers but entirely new stories. He was quite thrilled since in my dream we all loved Batman. It was then that Fred remembered I had loaned some other books (One of which was a Bart Simpson collection where him and Radioactive Man teamed up). I had completely forgotten even loaning these books to them, proving how bad my memory was. My memory is terrible, folks... Even in my dreams I forget things I had done in previous dreams JUST so I can point out to myself how bad my memory is.

And that's quite literally where the dream ends. Not with me getting up and walking away, not some impressive ending. It's just me... looking at this comic and going "My memory sucks."

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment