Wednesday, July 20, 2011

More normal, but still quite enjoyable

The set-up for this dream was very simple: I was going on a date. Nothing suspicious about that.

Things started off with me figuring out costs/prices for the night. You see, the major complication is they lived a while away so a cab out there would wind up being costly. I in the end decided it was more cost effective (somehow) for me to take a cab to their location for the initial date, do the date, then instead of taking a cab back home I would stay in a hotel for that night and it'd give me more time to explore the city.

I have no idea what kind of logic dream me had in this... In the end I'd still be paying the double cab fare PLUS the cost for staying in a hotel...

Eventually it somehow came to be they would come to my location and we'd do something here. We settled on dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (the nearest one being at the mall) even though it was already after 10pm. [Oh. This doesn't have any proper place in the dream, but before the date there was an instance where I was figuring out Christmas presents to give the girl since... It was suddenly Christmas time? I had settled on a handful of things and brought them along when we left.] Continuing on, we arrived at the mall and were surprised to find it closed up. Walking closer to the doors we saw some people inside eating so I tried the door and was immediately laughed at by this group of construction workers who said "Mall's closed up, kids. Them people will be thrown out soon enough so don't worry about it."

However, after we said we had been heading to the Cheesecake Factory they let us know it was still open (for some reason) and we headed to her car since it was on the other side of the mall. Not sure why, but when I opened the door she... started driving... leaving me to grab onto the door for dear life as we moved at a dangerous FIVE miles an hour. After traveling for about five or ten minutes we arrived at our destination... where we met Jerry.

 When I was in elementary school this was this janitor that worked there named Mr. Charmain. He was always friendly and it was a pleasure to talk to him even when I was a little kid. I think Mr. Charmain was the inspiration for "Jerry" since he was a custodian for the mall that I had known for some time. In his dream's timeline I had gone to the mall often to hang out with Jerry and just talk about stuff. This date was the same type of thing. I guess we started having a lot of fun because we completely forgot about the Cheesecake Factory and brought our presents inside to hand them out.

I can't say for sure what was given to whom... I know the gifts were more sentimental in nature than value, but I started feeling bad since we had presents that meant a lot of us while Jerry was left out. I gave him a couple of the ones I had intended for her and she did the same, making him quite happy. After we had finished I left him some money in a place I knew he'd find it with a note saying "Merry Christmas" and we went back to our homes.

This dream wasn't anywhere near as weird as my other ones turn out to be. In the end I'm left wondering whatever happened to Mr. Charmain. The last time I saw him was when my younger sister went to the same school six or so years ago. I see him still on the staff list for the school and I find myself wanting to visit and see how things are going. Maybe I'll have to find an excuse to stop by sometime.

- Alonso

No comments:

Post a Comment